College! It’s a fun time to experiment when it comes to alcohol because there are always parties on The Row or a kickback just down the hall on the weekends. As wonderful and exciting it is to have a few drinks here and there, it’s also really important to stay safe while drinking! Her are some tips to drink safely:
- Choose safe and familiar settings in which to drink
- Drink with people you know and trust
- Set a limit and stick to it
- Count your drinks
- Eat something before and while you drink
- Alternate alcoholic beverages with non-alcoholic drinks. Never forget about EANABs! (Equally Attractive Non-Alcoholic Beverages)
- Pace drinks to one or fewer per hour
- Mix your own drinks or know exactly what’s in them
- Have a plan to get home safely
- STAY HYDRATED!
If you don’t remember what a standard drink looks like, here you go:
If you do not participate in drinking alcohol, that’s a great and commendable decision! 🙂 Remember that there are still so many activities you can participate in. Cardinal Nights creates more options for socializing at Stanford on the weekend while being fun and alcohol-free at the same time.